Tuesday 11 September 2012

Details...







Denim smock dress: Topshop
Denim shirt:vintage
Necklace: accessorize
Shoes: ASOS
Bag: Valentino


There comes a time in every girls life when she is looking for a smock.
I know this is a sweeping statement to make, but I urge any lady, of the sartorially inclined, to defy that she has once, or currently is, on the market for a good old fashioned smock dress.
They're so perfect in their form; versatile, chic and just so darn cute.
I have been on obsessed with the perfect denim smock ever since my twelve-year-old self took a permenant marker to my favourite dungadress that bared an uncanny resemblance to that Stella McCartney denim romper.  
For me, what makes the smock so chic is the details that accompany it...
 Too little and you become a sort of uncomfortable, adult looking child.
Too much, and you're verging on try hard/ overkill territory.
I found double denim (a firm favourite) neck jewels and a discrafully perfect Valentino bag to be my perfect balance.
The hem line needs taking up an inch, but we will ignore that for now and just focus on the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment