Monday 3 October 2011

Jewels and stones...

images via iDmagazine.com Haider Ackermann being relatively unknown showed no signs of his humble status at Paris fashion week. A firm favourite of Karl Largerfield, Ackermann had me after the first two outfits. The whole 'strung out spandau ballet' vibe is enough to make me consider donning an oversized comb- over. It's clear to see that this collection is bound to set the tone for next season- so fresh and inspiring! Jewel tones of aubergine, Turmeric, olive green- with a splash of pattern and metallic to mix up the sombre pallet of the concrete back drop. Never has so much focus been on the 'pants suit' since YSL and 'Le Cigarette smoking suit'. I love a good cigarette pant- they occupy about 2/3 of my wardrobe, just some thing about an ankle skimming pant that makes me feel all funny inside! After a season of undeniable femininity, it was refreshing to see a bit of power return to the submissive nod to femininity of late. And what better antidote than perfect tailoring (another firm favourite of mine.) Show me the way to the aubergine pants and I'll show you a very happy girl! The trouser suit is looking to be the the new LBD, and thats something I can really get down with!

No comments:

Post a Comment