Wednesday 22 February 2012

Highlights...




Jacket: Paris
T-shirt: Vintage
Trousers: H&M
Shoes: Zara
Clutch: Zara

If I am ever down, on any day, there is one colour that is sure to remove me from my funk... yellow.
It is such an emotive colour- powerful, and cheerful whilst still somehow keeping its cool.
I spotted this little number in Paris and ran to snap it up before my boyfriend could even see where I had gone, not that he could miss me in this bold beauty.
With the promise of sun just around the corner I couldn't resist breaking out the big guns in a bid to hurry it along a bit.
I am a massive fan of monochrome dressing, black and white epitomise effortless chic and when you find a piece that incorporates both with such ease you don't even have to justify buying it, you just come together - it's the laws of attraction.
These pants not only fulfil my monochrome needs (and a nod to 3.1 Phillip Lim) they are one of the most comfortable items of clothing I have purchased as of late, they remind me somewhat of the KAPPA track pants I was attached to as a child- hey, they were cool in 1997.
Paired with an old favourite grey T-shirt (I don't even know where this is from anymore I have had it that long, you know when you just can't throw something away, no matter how many holes you have mended.)
Along with my current favourite SBS (simple black sandals) and a black clutch that harbours much more than one would think at first glance (not helping my mission to refine bag contents at all.)

13 comments:

  1. Chic as ever, love the pop of yellow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is perfect!!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look is stunning!!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashleigh- love the name of your blog, very clever ;) xx

      Delete
  4. I found your blog on Chictopia and I love it! Follow you now!
    Big hug from Spain

    Vanessa

    www.twenty7things.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa, your blog is lovely- yellow Chanel bag- amazing! xx

      Delete
  5. So chic. I love it. Never thought monochromatic pants can look that good, brilliant styling with the neon jacket! I really need to learn to wear pants more!

    Nora
    Nora Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora, pants are always a failsafe for me- sometimes a girl just needs to cover the pins xx

      Delete
  6. Really fine. Is the t-shirt from H&M trend? :)

    Best
    Katrine from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet- no I think it is an old one of my boyfriends :S xx

      Delete
  7. Great look! Hope you dont mind i post it on my tumblr. Linked. :) s.

    http://sabinap-come-undone.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete