Tuesday 21 February 2012

There's something about Mary...













images via style.com

I was just about to do an outfit post- we will come back to that later- when I was blown sideways by Mary Katrantzou's fall RTW collection and couldn't help but write about it.
*moment of composure* I have blogged about Mary a few times now, her deigns are so completely, instantly recognisable- undoubtably a visionary, her designs instil the same sort excitement as Givenchy, McQueen or Chanel... the type of collection you watch whilst holding your breath... or is that just me? come on, I can't be alone here.
This collection is just outstanding- beautiful, amphibious dresses meet futuristic geishas and 16th century fashions- enter the ruff.
This is how I see evolution happening in my head- fish to beautiful, ruff wearing space man in a graphic print.
The colours are a moveable feast of acid jewels and silky, muted, secondary hues, finished off with a pop of burnt orange for good measure.
I cannot gush enough about this collection- Katrantzou is the undisputed Queen of graphic prints and each line she releases is an evolution of the last, just imagine next season...

3 comments:

  1. This has to be one of my favourite collections by Mary Karantzou, you write beautifully and have really captured the essence of the designs, Brava xx

    ReplyDelete